• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

WLP067Coastal Haze Ale Yeast

J Brewing

Apprentice
Reaction score
Could someone who has a little more experience with BeerSmith than I, help me create a new yeast item? I'd imagine I do not need anymore details then this:

WLP067 Coastal Haze Ale

Attenuation:
70.00-75.00

Flocculation:
Medium to Low

Alcohol Tolerance:
Medium - High (8 - 12%)

Optimum Fermentation Temperature:
68.00-72.00

I would do it myself if I knew exactly how but I am still learning the app. Thanks in advance!

On the menu bar, click on Ingredients and then yeast from the drop down menu. You'll see an icon labeled Add Yeast. Click on that and a window where you enter your information will open. Once you have entered everything you have, click Okay. Done.

BOB357 said:
On the menu bar, click on Ingredients and then yeast from the drop down menu. You'll see an icon labeled Add Yeast. Click on that and a window where you enter your information will open. Once you have entered everything you have, click Okay. Done.

I get that but for Flocculation for example, the only options are Low, Medium, High and Very High. Would I choose Medium or Low in this case? For the Alcohol Tolerance, I cannot put in a range so would I put in 8% or 12%?

For the sake of the program the flocculation does not mean anything.  It is there for the user information only.  You can mark the flocculation either as medium or low and change it later depending upon your experience with the yeast.

For the alcohol tolerance, use the highest rating that is listed, so in this case it would be 12%.  BeerSmith does cap fermentation at the maximum tolerance for the yeast, regardless of actual performance.  There are ways of getting beyond the published tolerance, but the software does not know this.

Oginme said:
For the sake of the program the flocculation does not mean anything.  It is there for the user information only.  You can mark the flocculation either as medium or low and change it later depending upon your experience with the yeast.

For the alcohol tolerance, use the highest rating that is listed, so in this case it would be 12%.  BeerSmith does cap fermentation at the maximum tolerance for the yeast, regardless of actual performance.  There are ways of getting beyond the published tolerance, but the software does not know this.

Okay great, thank you both for your help!

Back