• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Estimated/measured pre-boil gravity different, but estimated/measured OG the sam

Yeah, I always do my run-off super-slow, so I'm pretty sure that measurement was the problem. I've been brewing for so long using experience rather than constantly measuring everything that I seem to have forgotten the basic procedure for taking samples!

Re. costs, I don't think you can enter that information in the mobile version, which is a shame as I'd love to be able to see how cheap each pint is! The caramalt was about ?1 for a lb I should think.

Sounds like time to get the full version ;)

I used to use a different mobile brew platform (iBrewmaster) and switched to Beersmith 2, then upgraded to 3. I will never look back on using a mobile platform. I went ahead and bought Brewsmith Mobile, but kinda feel it was a waste. perhaps if inventory ever gets some cloud space i'll use it, but otherwise i only use the full bs3 when crafting my recipes.

That does however sound like something that should be added to mobile, along with inventory storage in the cloud.

Back