• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

water profile tool for BIAB

louruscetta

Apprentice
Reaction score
When using the BS3 water profile tool, it adds adjustments for the mash and the sparge water.  If doing a BIAB (no sparge), do I just use the mash adjustment numbers or do I add the the mash and sparge numbers together?

Thanks

I will assume that you are looking at the water tab within the recipe and not the separate water profile tool.  The separate water profile tool does not split the additions by initial infusion and sparge.

If you are getting a split of salt additions when doing full volume BIAB, then check your mash profile.  If it is set up as a full volume BIAB, then there will be no sparge volume calculated and the program will not split the water agent additions based upon the infusion and sparge volumes.  Since you indicated that you are doing a full volume BIAB, set your mash profile to indicate that by clicking on the box that reads 'BIAB with full boil mash' or switch to a BIAB profile.

Back