• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mead Recipes - Salts

djlysuc

Apprentice
Reaction score
When designing my first Mead recipe I have added all the ingredients for use in either primary or secondary fermentation. However when I add salts they do not show up on the water tab to check my final water profile unless they are listed as use in mash instead of use in primary fermentation? I know water profile doesn't matter so much in mead, but I like to check the amount of magnesium. Is this a bug or am I using the software wrong?

I did not enable the water profile tab for meads in the current version.  You would have to use the water profile tool (under the tools menu) to build your water profile up for a mead until I can change it.

Brad

Sorry, I am more confused now. I have my recipe type selected as 'mead' and I have a water tab but no mash tab. System: Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS

I will just select the salts for use in mash for now.

Back