• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

dry hopping a german pilsner

jonnym_ch

Brewer
Reaction score
hi all,
was interested in lightly dry hopping a german pilsner i have in primary with the same hallertauer hops i used in the boil.
i only want to add a little of those spicy, grassy hop notes to the final beer but don't want to ruin 55l (14.5 us gal) :)
has anyone tried this before and if so what were the results ? and what would be a suitable amount of hop pellets to add ?
cheers !
jonny

I've dry hopped pilsners in the past and been happy with it. .25oz per gallon is what i used at high krausen.

trashes the clarity, unless you plan on filtering. could probably clear with gelatin too i suppose.

another alternative would be to dry hop in the keg (assuming you're using cornies or 1/6's) lots of neat SS mesh methods for dry hopping in kegs, i like the ones that hang from the lid (https://www.homebrewing.org/400-Micron-Hop-Filter-with-Lid-Chain_p_7113.html)

Back