• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Intermittent Pilot Spark Ignition Banjo Burner/s

BeerBrewinWizard

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I have been using a Standing Pilot on each of my three BG14 Burners (25 Gallon Pilot Brew Rig) but wanted to step it up a notch. I have been testing a Honeywell intermittent pilot spark ignition system on one burner. Since I wanted to try to use my existing MyPin TA4 PID Controls I found a few hurdles. Everything works well until the liquid temp gets close to the SV but then would start quick cycling. While this is not much of a problem with electric heat except for wearing out of contacts) it is obviously an issue when gas. So, I turned the P to off and set the hysteresis to -2 & +1. So far so good. I am assembling the new wiring in my controls now. Attached is a picture of my mobile pilot brew rig.

Attachments

• 1399050775954.jpg
    1399050775954.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 9
Nice rig!

Yup, giving yourself a little more headroom in hysteresis should stop the rapid cycle chattering.

I see you're also using the CAM connectors. I've got those on a pilot rig I'm assembling, too.

Back