• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Installation Problem - Data Directory Moved

archibeckmj

Apprentice
Reaction score
I went to open BS3 on my iMac and I got an error window stating "Installation Problem - Data Directory Moved".  I then tried to open it on my PC laptop and it opened no problem.
I did recently upgrade to macOS Mojave 10.14.1.  I can't find the data directory, but I am not sure where to look.  I have no new antivirus software. 

How do I resolve this issue?

Thanks for your help.  I am sure this is just my lack of computer prowess.

Try going forward (continue with the current directory) and the program may actually load the data from the backup directory.  In BeerSmith 3 the backup directory is separate from the data directory so even if the data directory moves it may be able to recover for you.

Brad

Brad, I get this once in awhile also...but the data directory is not moving, so why would it still happen?  For example, I was using BS this morning all was fine.  Then 20 minutes ago I went back in and got this exact message.  It makes no sense.

Back