• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Missing own recipes

LlewBru

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi peeps, I have just upgraded my system with an SSD and set my old "C:" drive as an external. I started BSmith off this drive and it works fine EXCEPT I had to go through the reactivation process again - and now all my own recipes have cluttered off somewhere! Has anyone got any clue as to where or how I can get them back?  :eek:

Scan for a "BeerSmith3" folder. BeerSmith wants to store your files in  User\...\Documents\Beersmith3  on the native drive.

BeerSmith does have a bad habit of writing over that folder when putting in a new key. Hopefully, you have a backup from changing your drive mapping. If so, just copy/paste to the Documents/BeerSmith3 folder.

Hi Brewfun,
Sorry for the long delay but thanks for the reply. Nope, no Beersmith3 directory on ANY drive. Guess I'll just have to start over!  :'(

Back