• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello.

dleclair

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I started brewing in 2000, doing 5 gallon batches exclusively.  Anymore I am working on downsizing to 1-2 gallon batches - because my wife and I are full-time RV people.  There is NOT a lot of room for larger batches.  These past 2 yrs I have only done 1 batch and trashed the kitchen...So (yes dear! -- as I said to my wife), I am now working on an outdoor set-up. 

I had a childhood friend by the last name of LeClair!

I'd think the simplest setup would be a Cajun Cooker type stove and suitable pot. Ferment in gallon wine jugs, covered with an old t-shirt.

https://www.homebrewing.org/Brewers-Edge-Mash-Boil-All-Grain-Brewing-System_p_7497.html

this is by far the best deal i've seen for an AIO kit, The pictures show a fermentation top, but can't seem to find where they sell it.

EDIT: a quick amazon search tells me they sell a "distillation/fermentation" lid for $35.

Keeping in mind, you'd be forced to brew a full batch to bottling before brewing the next batch. This seems like an awesome little kit for a minimal investment. I've thought about buying one for brewing my "small" batches, as i usually brew 20-30g batches.

Back