• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Syncing between BS3 computers

archibeckmj

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have two registered BS3 on two computers.  I add recipes to the Cloud file and am able to access them on both.  However, currently my custom equipment profile is not on the 2nd computer and the ingredients I have downloaded are not showing up on the second computer.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks

While the recipes can be shared through the cloud, the basic profile data files reside within each computer.  The software on each computer runs as an autonomous program -- they don't speak to each other.

You can export your profiles to the cloud and then access and save them on the second computer, or copy the critical files and transfer them between computers.  You also can move the critical profiles within recipes, so that if you upload to the cloud a recipe with a new ingredient or profile, you can access that recipe on the second computer, open it and save the new ingredient or profile from within the recipe.

I ran into this myself, It's quite easy to remedy the equipment profile. simply create a recipe using your equipment profile, then save that recipe to the could. from the computer without the equipment profile, open the recipe. then click the save equipment profile button. boom! saved to the new computer!

as far as inventory, It's not a whole lot harder but a bit. What i did was created a recipe using all of my ingredients on hand. when you select "add fermentables" or whatever, it'll give you the option to only select ingredients on hand. select all your ingredients, modify the quantities to what you have on hand. then export that recipe. when you open the recipe on the other computer, you can then make a shopping cart with the ingredients on the recipe, then add to inventory.

It would be super nice if the cloud would update your on hand ingredients, especially to the mobile platform because i would love to check if i have stuff when out shopping, but it doesnt seem to do that currently.

Back