Author Topic: Rose` Recipes  (Read 114 times)

Offline makemorebeer

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Rose` Recipes
« on: November 09, 2018, 08:03:33 AM »
Recently my wife got a Rose` beer from.....i honestly don't remember.  sorry.  Anyway she wanted me to take a crack at a Rose` beer.  Sadly i'm not finding any information, recipes, or details on how to do this and what types of beer styles it would go well in.  so i'm turning to you fine folks for Wisdom guidance and an inevitable recipe formulation. 

Style:  I was thinking a blonde Ale would be best since it'll showcase the red color it should come out as, as well as having a milder, less hoppy taste

adding it?  that's the question,   is this an actual Rose` wine being added?  if it is how do you compensate for both the alcohol content of the wine and the sugar content since the Yeasts would go to town on that. 

Finally, what type of yeast would best  be used for this purpose.  i'd probably just use a basic Ale yeast ( i lean towards wyeast labs, so American I probably)

Thanks for the help.  i'm hoping to get this put together by christmas, but i'm probably too late for that.

Offline ochiburi

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Re: Rose` Recipes
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 08:35:53 AM »
If you want a beer/wine style, try mixing some of your beer with a small glass of Ros? to establish proportions and get an idea of taste.  I have tasted some beer matured in white wine barrels with fresh wine added - it was not exactly my cup of tea, but very different.

Most people trying to make a pink beer (as opposed to a beer/wine mix) use red fruit or veg to colour it. You could for example use Hibiscus flowers, strawberries, beetroots, etc. Lots of recipes on beersmith with those ingredients.

modification