• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith 2 pop-up message

pullapint

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Recently I learned about the archive folder(thank you very much) and while opening an archive file, I received the following pop-up message.
Also, if I follow the instructions in the message, yes=open BeerSmith, no=close BeerSmith, yes will open another instance of BeerSmith (if I already have BeerSmith open) and if I choose no, the pop-up just goes away and BeerSmith stays open. Is this correct behavior?
My thinking was yes=open: a new tab would open in the open BeerSmith and no=close: would close the open instance and open a new instance because of what the pop-up says about "running more than 1 copy could result in data loss".

Attachments

• beersmith message.jpg
    beersmith message.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 441
  • beersmith message.jpg
    beersmith message.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 459
If you click on 'yes', then the program will open up another BeerSmith session.  The two open instances of BeerSmith cannot share the critical files for recipes, equipment, preferences, etc., so the program reopened with your archived file may overwrite the files of the first instance.  This is why the warning about data loss.

Back