Author Topic: My New Brew System  (Read 538 times)

Offline Kevin58

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • I make beer. Not a style.
My New Brew System
« on: October 31, 2018, 09:09:29 AM »
After a steady evolution over the past 20+ years of homebrewing I've purchased what I hope will be my last big rebuild. I am currently putting together a three vessel electric HERMs system that I bought from High Gravity Brewing: https://www.highgravitybrew.com.

The HLT on the left and the BK on the right are Bayou Classic kettles with Blichmann Boilcoil heating elements. The MT in the middle is a Blichmann Boilermaker. All are 15 gallon kettles. The pumps are Blichmann RipTide. The controller on the wall is a Wort Hog EBC-330.

I've been working on pump placement before I start cutting hoses and I thought this was going to be the final arrangement. Then after snapping this pic I stumbled upon a Craigslist ad of someone selling a restaurant kitchen prep table. Stainless steel and five feet long for just $100. The workbench in the pic is 4 feet and you can see that the extra 12 inches is going to be perfect. So of course I bought it and now I have to start all over trying to figure out where and how to mount the pumps. Good thing I didn't cut the hoses yet.

Between work, deer hunting and life I've only been able to work on it an hour or so at a time and only a couple days a week so it's slow going but I'm enjoying the process.

I've also attached some pics of my previous all grain systems. I used the round cooler mash tun and turkey fryer system right there on my front porch. The three converted kettle rig I bought from a friend and only had that for a year and half before I sold it to finance this new electric system.
If you?re stressing over homebrewing, you?re doing something wrong.
- Denny Conn

Offline GigaFemto

• Muonic Matter Rocks!
Re: My New Brew System
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 09:22:23 AM »
It looks very nice. All-electric is definitely the way to go these days. I hope you can finish it off soon and get to some actual brewing.

--GF

Offline Oginme

• Goats, guitars, and a home brew; Life is good!
    • Longvu LaManchas
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 09:47:09 AM »
Looking forward to seeing the High Gravity system mounted on that stainless prep table!  I agree with GF, electric is the way to go these days.
Recycle your grains, feed them to a goat!

Offline Kevin58

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 07:26:03 PM »
What a difference. I may just leave the pumps sitting where they are. Not sure if I'll be able to brew by this weekend but I will be conducting water tight tests, measuring volumes and the like this weekend for sure.
- Denny Conn

Offline Oginme

• Goats, guitars, and a home brew; Life is good!
    • Longvu LaManchas
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 05:02:23 AM »
Looks great!
Recycle your grains, feed them to a goat!

Offline djengh

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 07:20:41 PM »
......It's.......So......Beautiful!!!!   

Maybe biased but I just ordered the same system last week! Opted for the Bayou Classic HLT and SS Brewtech MT and BK  Nice setup! I'll be working on mine hopefully in a week!

Offline Kevin58

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 11:00:21 AM »
I stuck with the basic kettle configuration to stay within my budget. I added some extras elsewhere otherwise I might have gone with a Blichmann BK.
- Denny Conn

Offline dtapke

• BeerSmith Master Brewer
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 03:42:58 PM »
Personally, I'd throw the pumps underneath to ease priming. Looks gorgeous though!
32g eHERMS
Drinking: Milk Stout, E-Hop Candy Jr.
Primary: Nothing
Secondary: Tripel
Next Brew: Dopplebock

modification