• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

My New Brew System

Kevin58

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
After a steady evolution over the past 20+ years of homebrewing I've purchased what I hope will be my last big rebuild. I am currently putting together a three vessel electric HERMs system that I bought from High Gravity Brewing: https://www.highgravitybrew.com.

The HLT on the left and the BK on the right are Bayou Classic kettles with Blichmann Boilcoil heating elements. The MT in the middle is a Blichmann Boilermaker. All are 15 gallon kettles. The pumps are Blichmann RipTide. The controller on the wall is a Wort Hog EBC-330.

I've been working on pump placement before I start cutting hoses and I thought this was going to be the final arrangement. Then after snapping this pic I stumbled upon a Craigslist ad of someone selling a restaurant kitchen prep table. Stainless steel and five feet long for just $100. The workbench in the pic is 4 feet and you can see that the extra 12 inches is going to be perfect. So of course I bought it and now I have to start all over trying to figure out where and how to mount the pumps. Good thing I didn't cut the hoses yet.

Between work, deer hunting and life I've only been able to work on it an hour or so at a time and only a couple days a week so it's slow going but I'm enjoying the process.

I've also attached some pics of my previous all grain systems. I used the round cooler mash tun and turkey fryer system right there on my front porch. The three converted kettle rig I bought from a friend and only had that for a year and half before I sold it to finance this new electric system.

Attachments

• High Gravity Electric Brew System.jpg
    High Gravity Electric Brew System.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC03241.JPG
    DSC03241.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1833.JPG
    IMG_1833.JPG
    1,006.6 KB · Views: 25
It looks very nice. All-electric is definitely the way to go these days. I hope you can finish it off soon and get to some actual brewing.

--GF

Looking forward to seeing the High Gravity system mounted on that stainless prep table!  I agree with GF, electric is the way to go these days.

What a difference. I may just leave the pumps sitting where they are. Not sure if I'll be able to brew by this weekend but I will be conducting water tight tests, measuring volumes and the like this weekend for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_2795.JPG
    IMG_2795.JPG
    949.5 KB · Views: 26
......It's.......So......Beautiful!!!! 

Maybe biased but I just ordered the same system last week! Opted for the Bayou Classic HLT and SS Brewtech MT and BK  Nice setup! I'll be working on mine hopefully in a week!

I stuck with the basic kettle configuration to stay within my budget. I added some extras elsewhere otherwise I might have gone with a Blichmann BK.

Back