• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

License questions

mr_beer

Grandmaster Brewer
Master Brewer
Reaction score
I currently have a Gold subscription.

I am considering purchasing a 'regular' desktop version.

If I purchase that version how do I convert from my Gold subscription to the  desktop version that is not time limited? 
During the conversion will I loose the recipes that I have created and the associated profiles?

Can I transfer the unused component of my subscription to my daughter?

With licensing questions, you are better off writing directly to Brad at beersmith at beersmith.com

Mr. Smith was nice enough to respond to my question.  His response is quoted below...

Hi,
  You can manage your computer activations/licenses here:  https://beersmithrecipes.com/licenses  -- it does support more than
one license though it will assign new activations to the gold before the basic license.

If you purchase a "basic" license it will still remain active after your gold one expires.  If you need to at some point you can
go to the profile or licenses page and deactivate anything tied to your expiring license and reactivate with your new one.

The program will assign licenses to the gold license first, but as I mentioned you can reactivate those on your other basic license
once the gold one expires.

Cheers!

Brad Smith
********** End of quote  ************

Back