• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Help can't print Recipes or Shopping / Inventory Lists

BrentJ

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm running Windows 10 and can't print anything.  I've searched the forums and tried changing to default browser / text viewer in Options / Reports tab.  That just resulted in a page that said "can't reach this page c/users....".  Prior to making that change when trying to print it just would get hung up at Print Preview page.  Doesn't show anything and won't print from there.  Hopefully someone has figured out how to solve this?  I had to do print screen shots of my Inventory list and then paste to Word in order to get something printed out.  This seems crazy that this problem still exists in BeerSmith3.  I had similar issues in BeerSmith2 running on my Mac and was hopeful this had been resolved prior to releasing the new Software.  I'm certainly not happy it wasn't.  Any help would be appreciated....

PS.  I've sent in a question to Brad with the Contact Us link but I don't know how timely or even if he answers all the questions he receives there.  I'll certainly update this post if he provides a work around but in the mean time please let me know if you have a solution....

Same problem.  Were you able to get it fixed?

Brad got back to me. 

Go to Preferences in the App.  Reports on the left.  Check the "Send printouts to default browser/text viewer"

Worked in Chrome.

doesn't work on a MAC..... webpage just says " connection timed out "
www.user.com is taking to long to respond

don't think it is BROWSER related.....my browser is working fine
my Beer Smith is NOT printing

Its gotta be a BAD Link from User/files/recipes to the actual browser

Brad commented on this in another thread. He fixed the issue and will publish an update soon.

steveoatley said:
doesn't work on a MAC..... webpage just says " connection timed out "
www.user.com is taking to long to respond

don't think it is BROWSER related.....my browser is working fine
my Beer Smith is NOT printing

Its gotta be a BAD Link from User/files/recipes to the actual browser

I posted the fix a few minutes ago as part of the 3.1.7 patch which you can get from the main download page at BeerSmith.com - just download/install the main program.

I will also post to the update server later this week as 3.1.7 seems quite stable at this point.

Brad

Back