• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BS open old recipe instead of adding new recipe

darko

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,
something is wrong with my BS.
When I try to open new recipe it constantly open existing old recipe instead of blank one.
At the same time "new" old recipe is automatically saved in my list, even I close it without saving.

Any help?

It sounds like your "old" recipe has been saved as the template for new recipes.  Open up a new recipe and remove all the ingredients.  Put in the equipment profile and default mash profile you want to start with. You can always change them when you design your next recipe.  Now click on 'save as template' (or save as default, i don't have it in front of me right now) and this will now be the template that opens up when you click to start a new recipe.

Update:  I just was able to look up the correct verbiage for the toolbar icon which is 'set as default' and is located just to the right of 'remove inv' button.

After you do that here's something that I do with recipes. I brew in several different ways on my system and as a result I have separate profiles for each one... a 5 gallon BIAB profile... a 5 gallon, 3 vessel profile... and a 10 gallon, 3 vessel profile. I made a blank recipe (no ingredients) for each equipment profile and saved each one as custom recipe templates. When I want to create new recipe I make a copy of the appropriate template and formulate my recipe in the copy.

In a related tip... if you have steps in your brew day you don't want to forget you can add them to the recipe. For example: I used to forget to add Whirfloc or Irish Moss so I made that a step in all of my templates. I also want to turn my pumps on and start circulating boiling wort through my pump and chiller system about 15 minutes before the boil ends to sanitize the system so I added that to my templates as well. Now when I run my timer these things are among the reminders and I don't forget them.

Back