• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Style Guide Comparisons

Burndog

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello,
With the popularity of NEIPAs why are there none under Style in the Style Guide Comparison area?

Do we , or can we add our own??

There is no style guide for NEIPA under any of the current guidelines published.  The BJCP has been working on publishing an interim style guide for NEIPA, but i don't see it on their site.

The Brewer's Association has put out a 2018 set of guidelines which includes the NEIPA.  You can find the latest version here: https://www.brewersassociation.org/resources/brewers-association-beer-style-guidelines/

You can add you own or copy and paste the BA style guideline for NEIPA into the current style guide you are using by opening up the style profiles 'Profiles' > 'Style' > 'add style'.

Hi,
Don't have link to hand but BJCP have published 4 provisional styles of which I'm sure one is Neipa.
I'll look later for it
Cheers
Cameron

Here is the link. If anyone loads them into BS, can you export and upload them please.
http://dev.bjcp.org/provisional-styles/

You can make your own style guidelines and with the ability in BS3 to view more than one guideline at once you can select any of the published guides along with your own.

camsaway said:
Here is the link. If anyone loads them into BS, can you export and upload them please.
http://dev.bjcp.org/provisional-styles/

I added the NEIPA into BS because I will be brewing one next month. I didn't do the others.
My entry to the style guide is attached. Import it into the BJCP style guide if you wish.

--GF

Attachments

• NEIPA Style.bsmx
    4.9 KB · Views: 9
Thank you!

I could not find an import styles feature but using Insert I was able to create a new one.

Open it with File->Open. This will open the .bsmx file in its own tab, with only the one style in the list. Highlight that item and use copy/paste to copy it into your style profile.

--GF

Heh.. from the provisional style guide; " with the style trending towards a less bitter presentation to the point of making a mockery of the term ?IPA?."

jomebrew said:
Heh.. from the provisional style guide; " with the style trending towards a less bitter presentation to the point of making a mockery of the term ?IPA?."

No surprise there; Gordon's thoughts/opinions on NE IPA's is well known. The Brits generally think they are a joke. I've had English IPA's that are just as juicy with a soft mouthfeel and they are crystal clear.

Mark

I am convinced that the main reason the breweries refer to them as 'IPAs' is because the term IPA sells.  People walk into a brewery and want to sample the IPA.  I may be one of the few who visits a brewery and asks first what they have for browns, porters, stouts, etc. 

Back