• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

All my grain disappeared. BSMX file is there, seems OK?

Bitbucket

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have tried various things to fix this, with no luck. In case it was corrupted, I found  I found a Grain.bsmx file posted on the forums for a different question, and copied that to replace my existing file, and changed permissions to make Windows 7 all happy. Same problem, can't see the grain in Beersmith. The file size is different than my existiting Grain.bsmx, but I've added grains to the old one so that's to be expected. I can right click on the file to edit it in Beersmith, and all appears to be OK, but I can't save the file on exit and I can't see the grain from a recipe even though I can see it in the editing window.

This is the latest bit of weirdness I've been experiencing.  All my recipes disappeared recently but I discovered that I could open them from the archives. Annoying, but workable. And I'm constantly getting random error messages.

When you click on that file, BeerSmith should open in its own tab and show you what's in it.

You'll need to open Ingredients > Fermentables.

Then copy/paste the whole list from the file tab to Fermentables. This will add that whole list to what's already in BeerSmith.

It will autosave when you close the tab or BeerSmith. You'll be prompted to save the original file upon closing.

Back