• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hop Rocket and Classic American Pilsner

Maltman

Apprentice
Reaction score
Greetings
  When planning hop addition that are to go in the hop rocket would it not be a good idea to have it in hop additions and what to expect from different kettle temperatures for example  on sterilization last 15minutes re circulation I then using the cooling to drop kettle to 80c before closing bypass and opening the hop rocket to fermenter .
Also just installed BS3 and can't find a category for Classic American Pilsner so had to revert back to BS2 what  was the point of me purchasing BS3 ?

Hopefully someone who uses a hop back can answer your first question.

As to your style query, it looks like your BS2 was set to the AABC 2010 style guide.  You can change your style preference in BS3 to this by clicking on 'options' > 'brewing' > 'Style Guides to Display' and clicking the box next to AABC 2010.  You can unclick the box for BJCP 2015 to cease seeing the updated BJCP style categories.

Maltman said:
When planning hop addition that are to go in the hop rocket would it not be a good idea to have it in hop additions and what to expect from different kettle temperatures for example  on sterilization last 15 minutes re circulation I then using the cooling to drop kettle to 80c before closing bypass and opening the hop rocket to fermenter .

I'm a little confused about how you're using the hoprocket because it sounds like you're running boiling wort through it in the last 15 minutes of the boil? If that's what you meant, it's a 15 minute boil addition because the AA and oils are stripped into the boil.

Hop additions can be assigned as whirlpool/steep. This shows time and temperature fields so that you can get IBU calculations based on that. In the equipment profile, you can assign the total WP/steep time and whether the WP additions are part of the IBU total.

Back