• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How to change mash efficiency

Grimsbylad

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi, I am pretty new to BS 3.0 but I feel like I have a good grasp of it. However there are 2 issues I can't seem to be able to resolve:

How do you change the mash efficiency? Using single infusion,light body,no mash out gives a Est mash Eff of 85.1 . I think this is very high for a batch sparge and I usually achieve about %75. How do I change this to my efficiency?

Is there a" brew log "feature where I can pull up just my brew sessions?

Thanks in advance ,Tony

In BS you can set your Brewhouse Efficiency. The program calculates an estimate for mash efficiency when you build a recipe and then actual efficiency provided you enter volumes and gravity readings in the session tab.

To answer your second question, Beersmith does contain a brew log function.  It works by the user selecting a recipe and then clicking on 'copy to log'.  BeerSmith will then place a copy of that recipe in a new folder it creates called 'brew log'.  You can then use that recipe for any adjustments before brewing and for collecting and storing the brew day data without concern about changing your original recipe. 

Back