• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

water profile of Cork, Ireland?

1n1m3g

Hey folks  -  I'm new to the forum but have been using BeerSmith for about a year now.  What a great program!  Anyway, I'm looking to recreate the water of Cork, Ireland.  Does anyone know the water profile of the necessary brewing ions in the water from Cork?  Thanks in advance and cheers!  -  1n1

According to Papazian's "Complete Joy of Homebrewing" the water in Dublin Ireland contains, in ppm, Ca 115-120, SO4 284, Mg 23, Na 69, and Cl 106.
I know that doesn't answer your question, but I remembered reading about some profiles of famous brewing water and thought I'd look it up and share it with you.

-John

Yeah, BeerSmith has Dublin as a standard water profile, but Cork is quite a ways south of Dublin.  If Ireland is anything like England, then the water in Cork could be way different (ie compare the profile for Burton on Trent to London, England).  Thanks for the reply.

Stateside, we have to get that info from the county govt's water dept.  Would County Cork have that info for its residents?  I found this starting point online.  Good Luck. 

http://www.corkcoco.ie/co/web/Cork%20County%20Council/Departments/Divisional%20Services/Water%20Services

Thanks for the help.  I'll post the water profile if I can find it through these resources.  Cheers!

Back