• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mash Profile order keeps changing

beerology

Apprentice
Reaction score
Why do my mash profile steps change in the order of sequence after closing a recipe?

More detail:  Within the mash profile you can "add" steps, take them away, move them up and down in order from top to bottom.
So I have a step that says "Add water" and the next step after that says "Mash".
I can run the recipe and its all in the correct order but once I close and open the recipe the order changes in mash profile and "Mash" has moved up by itself above the "Add water"
This happens all the time.
What am I doing wrong?

Export the profile, or a recipe containing it as a .bsmx file and post it so we can see what might be going on.

BeerSmith will set the order of steps by ascending temperature. If two temperatures are exactly the same, the order may change based on other factors. The fix is to just add 0.1 degree to the second and subsequent steps that are in that range. BeerSmith won't show the decimal and will round up when needed, but the steps will stay in the same order. This is a tip used by brewers who may want additional instruction steps to show up on the timer.

Back