• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Question about Equipment Profile

Just a Guy

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I am new to BeerSmith. I have just purchased BeerSmith 3 and need a little help setting up my equipment in the system. I have bought a couple   
Brewer's Edge Mash & Boil All Grain Brewing Systems. I got them over at Homebrewing(dot)org. I am not sure about how to start my equipment setup in BeerSmith 3. My units are not listed but I see they list RoboBrew which looks just like my unit just a little bigger (2 gal in size). Should I use this profile? I thank you for any help you can share!

While the canned profiles, even those for the all-in-one brew systems are a great starting point, you will want to customize the equipment profile for your particular system and process.  There are a few videos on how to set up equipment profiles for BeerSmith in the BeerSmith tutorial section, on the Brulosophy web site and at Short Circuited Brewers on YouTube:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwEbjOt8OR8&t=32s

The last one may be more geared toward your system.

Back