Author Topic: BeerSmith 3 Released  (Read 2291 times)

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
BeerSmith 3 Released
« on: June 16, 2018, 09:46:27 AM »
BeerSmith 3 is available for download in time for Father's Day!

http://beersmith.com

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline reilandct

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Re: BeerSmith 3 Released
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 02:20:32 AM »
great update but I thought you would take care of the calendar too but it's still the same.
too bad

Offline Jacobier

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 06:54:29 AM »
Hi,

is it just me or did the old preview glasses in the recipe builder look more accurate/natural?

Offline Oginme

• Goats, guitars, and a home brew; Life is good!
    • Longvu LaManchas
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 09:24:04 AM »
You can switch to the old icons for the beer color by selecting 'options'> 'look and feel' and unclicking the box that is labeled 'use new beer glass icons'
Recycle your grains, feed them to a goat!

Offline Huckwell

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 05:36:42 AM »
I love Beersmith and have upgraded to 3 on a gold subscription but I have a few questions; is cloud based inventory still not included? or if it is how do I set it up?, If it is not included how long until this is added?

Not being able to sync inventory across computers and app is a real problem and the only thing that keeps me looking at alternatives for use in our small brewery.

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 12:08:27 PM »
I do not have cloud based inventory yet but I will be working on that over the next year as I'm adding ingredients and inventory to the cloud next.

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline jerry can brewery

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 02:02:41 AM »
When is the Mobile 3 version available, the website says late July and has not been updated?

Offline forzo

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 07:36:40 AM »
I've been using BS2 for a while now and I like it, so naturally I'm now looking at upgrading to BS3. But I'm a bit put off about the licenses available. I don't need any cloud features and I want to buy it once, not buy a subscription. So the Basic license looks almost perfect. The only thing that has me worried is that the major updates are not included. What is the definition of a major update? Is it like the difference between 2 and 3 or is it smaller changes as well? Will I be able to get the major updates without buying the whole program again?

Offline RI

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2019, 02:32:26 PM »
I do not have cloud based inventory yet but I will be working on that over the next year as I'm adding ingredients and inventory to the cloud next.

Brad

I'm generally a big fan of Beersmith 3.0, but not being able to sync inventory or the calendar across the cloud or on my phone is starting to get in the way of progress pretty badly. Any idea yet on when those features will be available?

In the absense of a proper feature update, can I manually copy the following files:

Grain.bsmx
Hops.bsmx
Misc.bsmx
Yeast.bsmx

from one computer to the corresponding folder on a second computer running Beersmith 3.0 as an interim solution for inventory? If so, can I do something similar for the calendar?

OR

Is there a way to have Beersmith 3.0 installations on two computers share a folder on a cloud-based file system, like Microsoft OneDrive, as a real-time sync solution for everything?

Thanks for your help.

Offline Oginme

• Goats, guitars, and a home brew; Life is good!
    • Longvu LaManchas
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2019, 01:32:09 PM »
You can copy the data files from one computer to another.  You will also want to duplicate the recipe files as well.

There are people who have tried to use several computers and cloud storage, and I only know because they complain on the forum when it doesn't work well or causes a glitch.  File sharing is not one of BeerSmith's strong points.
Recycle your grains, feed them to a goat!