• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Inventory Data Fields

Toy4Rick

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hey Brad,

This topic came up several times in the past on BS2 regarding Inventory items.  Inventory items should have the same editable fields as Ingredients.  It's not uncommon to have hops for instance, purchased at different times with different AA... and there is no way to record this other than in the title

Thanks for considering
Rick

I'm new to BS with version 3. I noticed this issue as well. From using other brewing software (QBrew), I knew creating a new hop entry with the date in the title was a workaround. I certainly hoped the inventory would be stored in its own table to relate a purchase to an ingredient. I understand this is more than just a custom field :(.

Also want to change the justification of certain columns. In my world, values are decimal justified. Even right justified will improve readability.

Learning how to add custome fields and formatting their display will be the first step. I'll be watching the forum for information this kind of info. I searched the forum but must not have used the right key words.

Back