• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Weyermann malts don't register in mash profile

ChrisS

Brewer
Reaction score
I have BS 2.3.4 on my Kindle Fire 8. I recently noticed that my "Grain Weight Basis" in my Mash profile wasn't always accurate. It sometimes doesn't add all the grains in the recipe. After much playing with different grains, I realized that it wasn't recognizing Weyermann malts. These were one of the grain packages I downloaded through the Add-ons feature. If I use any malt specifically identified as Weyermann, it doesn't get added to the Grain Weight Basis or to the calculation for the Water/Grain Ratio. The same type of malt (e.g. pale malt) from another company works fine but Weyermann doesn't.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix?

Thanks,
  This will be corrected shortly when I release mobile version 3.

Brad

Hi

I still have this problem after upgrading to BS3. Thomas Fawcett malt have the same issue.
Br
Peter

Yes, I just upgraded, too, and the Weyermann malts still don't get included in my grain total. Tried uninstalling the Weyermann grain add-on and reinstalling but still no luck. Haven't tried the Fawcett malts. I'll check that out.

Same here. I tried several ways, deleting, reinserting... it's weird, because in malt profile Weyermann's malts doesnt seems any different than others.

I observed this same issue four months ago in another post (post http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php?topic=21165.0). I also wrote about it in the contact form of the BS website, and also as a comment in Google Play. Did not get a reply.

Not a single reply from the developer in TWO YEARS ?  :(

Most of the specialty malts I have available in my area are Weyermann. This hurts BS Mobile use for a lot of users in the same situation...

Back