• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Bug in adding yeast date.

rcjung

Apprentice
Reaction score
both in the 'design' tab and in the 'starter' tab, when I am adding the yeast to the recipe, I type the package date, and when confirming the inclusion, this date is modified to the current date, causing divergence in viability. The only way to fix the bug is to edit the yeast, after inclusion, and change the package date again. However, when yeast is added by clicking 'add yeast without closing the window', the typed package date is included correctly.

Hi,
  This was actually a design decision (sorry).  We had so many people forgetting to update the date on their yeast packages they were getting very bad results.  So I decided to update the yeast date when adding to a recipe.

I'll make a note of this however so perhaps I can NOT update the yeast date if its within a reasonable period (say the last 12 months).

Thanks,
Brad

Back