• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Greetings from Seattle

Beery

Apprentice
Reaction score
Been brewing extract and some partial on and off for years. Last year in expectation of moving to Hawaii I sold all my equipment. My equipment was the typical collection of gear that started with a two bucket beginner kit with miscellaneous additions over the years. Well, the Hawaii move didn't happen and I took advantage of starting over to build my system knowing what I wanted for the most part, and moving to all grain. Bought a turkey fryer and added a valve and thermometer. Mash tun out of a 30 qt cooler with a bazooka and valve. FastFerment conical. Just created my first batch Sunday, Juicy Bits NEIPA and I must say I found mashing to be less work than messing with mixing dry extract into a pot of boiling water. My fear of all grain is gone! :D

Hey there Beery - welcome from Bothell/Mill Creek!

Sorry to hear that Hawai'i didn't happen, but great that you're here local and enjoying all the great brews our area has to offer.

All the best,

R

Back