Author Topic: Brewers IQ  (Read 2892 times)

Lowell M. Rowley

Brewers IQ
« on: December 26, 2003, 05:45:30 PM »
Hi, I just joined this forum and in looking at the posts I became intrigued by the post- Are brewers really smarter? I don't know, but I know a lot of other men who have hobbies that cost a lot more, take more time, that involve killing things, catching things(trying) breaking legs and arms, end in frustration(golf), allienation from the children andsometimes divorce.
Smarter? I don't think so because the more I learn the more I find I need to learn, but spending an afternoon at home playing with water and ending up with something as good as craft beer cant' be too stupid a thing to do

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: Brewers IQ
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2003, 09:11:36 AM »

If I recall we agreed that "smarter" was not the right word - I believe "imaginitive",  "creative" or even "crazy" comes a little closer to the mark.  Though that can certainly be said of many other hobbies that people engage in.

It does seem to me that brewing attracts a different sort of person - though I can say I have met all kinds of people brewing.

For me - there is something primevil about standing over the brewpot stirring my latest brew!

Cheers!
Brad

Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

modification