Author Topic: Beersmith on Apple Mac OS  (Read 54666 times)

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: Beersmith on Apple Mac OS
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »
No,
  In fact I recently moved onto the project full time.  I'm working 4 days a week on it now and making good progress.  My hope is to release by the end of the year, but it depends on the upcoming testing.

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

jaylbird

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2010, 09:53:26 AM »
This is good news! I have recently viewed a coworker's copy of the Windows app and I like it. I am available for testing when you're ready.

I am running both a MacBook Pro and a MacMini. My mini has Parallels Desktop running with an XP install. So I could easily get the Windows version, but I only have the XP installed for my wife and daughter (training from MS Publisher to Adobe InDesign). I plan to be Windows-free by the end of this year.

Hopefully testing and a stable release of Beersmith is ready by then too!

Drink on people....

Offline boriskane

• BeerSmith New Brewer
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2010, 08:40:19 AM »
likewise with the above statement, id be happy to help out with giving the program a test if you ever need it.

really happy that youre making a mac version, cheers mate!

Tar_Heel_Fan

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2010, 11:40:11 PM »
Brad,

I am excited to hear that you are still working on the Mac version.  I am getting tired of working out my mash schedules by hand.  My heartfelt thanks to you in advance.

C.

Offline t2000kw

• Yahoo Groups
  • BeerSmith Brewer
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2010, 07:35:16 PM »
1) Interesting... does the crossplatform library permit other OS systems, such as Linux?

2) To add something to the earlier posts, you folks did see this  correct? :
http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX/Installing

Codeweavers has a better product than Wine (not free). It is actually based on Wine, but they've spent a lot of time working out Wine's bugs. They also have a version for Linux that works well for me with some Windows programs. (I haven't tested Beer Smith in Linux with it, though.)

http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/

Offline isu664

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2010, 03:52:47 PM »
I downloaded Crossover but I can't figure out how to start up Beer Smith in it. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Da Meegs

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2010, 07:26:22 AM »
Brad - Any update on the MAC version? It's been a while and I'm hoping you are close.

Ken

Offline jdrich79

• BeerSmith New Brewer
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2010, 04:44:46 PM »
I downloaded Crossover but I can't figure out how to start up Beer Smith in it. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know the specific of how or why this works but I clicked on the "Install via C4P" at this link and got it to work. http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/?app_id=3483

I'm on trial versions of both but have been playing around with it and had no problems.

Waiting to hear when the new Mac version will be released. I hate to spend $40 on Crossover and $30 on BeerSmith if it is going to be out by year end.

Any update on Mac release date?

Offline BeerSmith

• BeerSmith
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2010, 08:15:06 AM »
Hi,
   Unfortunately I still don't have the beta out, so it looks like I will not make a release before Christmas.  I'm now shooting to get the beta out before Christmas and have the program ready for release early next year.

It has been a tough path - duplicating all of the functionality I built into BeerSmith over the last 7 years has not been easy - even now that I'm working on it essentially full time.

I want to make sure the program is of very high quality, so I'm not going to rush a release.  I'm working very hard to make the Mac and PC versions virtually identical - so there is no difference between the two in functionality or interface.

Brad

Offline LaurieGator

• BeerSmith New Brewer
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2010, 04:13:12 PM »
Thank you for mentioning the Crossover program to be able to run BeerSmith on the Mac.

I had been keeping BeerSmith on my Hubby's PC and having to kick him off of his computer every time I wanted to brew or update a brewing entry. (Just told him to relax, don't worry and gave him one of my homebrews, LOL!) Now it is currently working on my Mac (with Snow Leopard). I will give it a couple of weeks to make sure it is stable then I will be a super happy camper!

This is still the bestest brewing software I have used! Keep up the great work. I will be happy to upgrade to the Mac version but now that I have the Crossover work-around, I can wait until the Mac version is up and working well :-)

Offline rpetrello

• BeerSmith New Brewer
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2010, 11:50:05 AM »
Brad,

I'm a Mac-only user, and really like what I've seen of Beersmith photos/videos over other alternative software.  Is a Mac beta in the nearish future going to be a reality?  Any rough ETA?

Thanks!

Offline BohemianDog

• BeerSmith New Brewer
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2011, 02:49:23 PM »
Brad - for what its worth, once its available on a mac, I'll be a customer.  Thanks for putting all the hard work into it.  Also, if you're looking for a beta tester, I'm happy to help.  I'm a new brewer, but I'm also in the software business.  Happy to help put it through its paces.  Thanks again.  -John

Offline BeerSmith

• BeerSmith
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2011, 10:37:24 PM »
Still working on it - though I've been flooded with questions about the Mac version lately!  I'm close to a beta release, though at the moment I think I have enough volunteers for the beta round.

I'll set a release date once we're into testing.

Cheers,
Brad

Offline bschoenb

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2011, 01:19:00 PM »
I just bought the PC version yesterday (keeping a PC barely alive just for Beersmith).. so... I hope we have an "upgrade" version and "pricing"..... 

Offline TimmyR

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2011, 09:37:34 AM »
I just installed BeerSmith with Wine running and it worked.  I think  you have to check a few boxes in the Wine Gadgets window, but am not sure which ones exactly.