Author Topic: Beersmith on Apple Mac OS  (Read 54675 times)

Want2Brew

Re: Beersmith on Apple Mac OS
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 01:59:45 PM »
For the Mac folks - you will be happy to hear that I have an early version of BeerSmith working on my Mac now.  Still lots of work to do before a formal release, but it is moving forward.

VR
Brad

Great news! If you are looking for beta testers I would be interested. I have heard that Beer Smith is the best and I can't wait to try it out.

ubermick

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2009, 06:49:54 PM »
For the Mac folks - you will be happy to hear that I have an early version of BeerSmith working on my Mac now.  Still lots of work to do before a formal release, but it is moving forward.

VR
Brad
PHENOMENAL!!

Customers are lining up, ready to make the hard work (hopefully!) worth it. Can't !@$@ WAIT!!

Offline davelouw

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2009, 01:15:56 AM »
Definitely interested in this as well as I just switched over and find Beer Alchemy to be lacking all the features I've come to know and love in BeerSmith.

Any news on a possible beta?  I'm also a software developer and can promise you high quality testing with well documented and actionable feedback.

Dave.

simphoto02

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2009, 02:34:44 PM »
I would LOVE to volunteer for a Beta Test deal. IF and/or WHEN it is available I would love a stab at it.

Please HURRY!!!!!!!

shpxnvz

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2009, 08:24:33 PM »
Here's another Mac user anxiously awaiting the port/rewrite.  Keep up the good work!

kc9hej

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 08:00:41 AM »
Hi!

I´ve installed Wine, and also XQuartz, but I really don´t understand how to use these program to run Beersmith.exe on my Macbook (OS 10.5.7), is there anybody out there that can help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Still need some help? email me at zmallory@mac.com. I have done this a few times both manually and using crossover (which is awesome).

Offline o.m.

• BeerSmith New Brewer
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2009, 05:57:42 PM »
Hi!

I´ve installed Wine, and also XQuartz, but I really don´t understand how to use these program to run Beersmith.exe on my Macbook (OS 10.5.7), is there anybody out there that can help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Still need some help? email me at zmallory@mac.com. I have done this a few times both manually and using crossover (which is awesome).

Thanks a lot, I just read your comment, and found out that Crossover was a program, and it worked. :)
Just using the trial now, but if it works, I will buy it.

Any news on a estimated release of a BeerSmith for OSX?

Smurfe

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2009, 10:36:28 AM »
I am sure I have posted in other threads the same desire but I am another Beersmith user that went Mac and really miss it. I'll be in line to upgrade!

ubermick

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2010, 12:05:25 PM »

VR
Brad

Brad, 10 months on... any update?!?

Smurfe

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2010, 04:28:07 AM »
Hi!

Thanks in advance!

Thanks a lot, I just read your comment, and found out that Crossover was a program, and it worked. :)
Just using the trial now, but if it works, I will buy it.

Any news on a estimated release of a BeerSmith for OSX?

I bought this Crossover program but overall it didn't work for me. I could install and open Beersmith, I can not open the brew sheet or print anything.  :( Mine is on what ever the latest version of Snow Leopard. I'll just continue to wait for the Mac version.

Offline markeinoz

• BeerSmith New Brewer
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2010, 03:06:07 AM »
Hi Brad,

Any news on the OSX beta?

Cheers
Mark E in Oz

jeremysavoy

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2010, 02:25:50 PM »
Another Mac user here, tired of running BeerSmith in CrossOver (wine) ... any word on the new Mac version?

BTW, I can't print when running under CrossOver either, I just export my recipe for web using the standard selected format, then view recipe.htm which ends up in my Documents folder, then print via Safari, FF, Chrome, etc
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 02:38:42 PM by jeremysavoy »

Offline Brunswick69

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2010, 09:03:29 PM »
just got beersmith a couple of weeks ago and love it !!! but my pc just blew up and now i have a mac  :( any word if its coming out soon???? javascript:void(0);

Offline DoranS

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2010, 12:17:54 AM »
I've been a BeerSmith user for almost a year and have been watching this thread closely.  Brad, is this project dead?  I am really looking forward to a Mac OS version of your software.

Offline bmalkow

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2010, 05:12:19 AM »
Any news?