Author Topic: PicoBrew Z - Any thoughts for a new brewer?  (Read 2659 times)

Offline raymillsus

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Re: PicoBrew Z - Any thoughts for a new brewer?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2018, 06:05:04 AM »
I am a brand new brewer as well. I have brewed 2 batches and doing number 3 today. So here is my thoughts. I looked at all of them and bought the Brew-boss. I felt that brew-boss gave me the most flexibility. I brewed one beer that a friend down the street is a master brewer for a brewery. He said that one beer he tried last night (Kolsch) he wants to bottle and submit it for judging. He really believes that this beer could win awards. I am not sure if he is just messing with me or not but it was nice to hear. And the beer is amazing. I can tell you I did watch a movie while brewing with the tablet in my lap. So what set this apart for me.

1. Fully automated (I have diminishing goals syndrome)
2. Flexibility. I can download any recipe from Beersmith and it will automate it for me in about 25 seconds tops.
3. Easy to clean.
4. I like Nerdy things.
5. Every thing I read the only real knock on it was price. And I found one used so it was a bonus for me. (Even if I could not have found it, I will be honest I would buy new knowing what I do now. but glad I found this at real deal.
6. The beer that it makes is amazing. 
7. Small footprint

What ever you decide

Offline sctn4elk

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Re: PicoBrew Z - Any thoughts for a new brewer?
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2018, 01:19:08 PM »
I've owned a Zymatic since June of 2016, pre-ordered the Z2 (5 gallons) since I've outgrown the smaller 2.5 gallon batches and I want the ability to expand. Great units for what they are, a bit expensive, but right in line with all of the other automated systems. As long as the support team doesn't screw you over, its a great investment.