• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Calculating OG when adding sugars to the fermentation

CBoles1211

Apprentice
Reaction score
  What is the best way to have BS2.0 calculate sugar/honey additions during the fermentation in such a way so I know what my hydrometer should read post boil?
  In the past I have printed out Brew Steps without the additions, so that the post boil/going into fermenter SG matches my hydrometer reading.  Then I edit the recipe back to show the additions so that BS2.0 can calculate the ABV%.  My other way was to manually calculate the SG points of my addition and subtracted that from the Brew Step Post Boil SG so that I know what my hydrometer reading should be at the time.
  I am hoping there is something I am missing in the software to help with this.

Thank you for any help.
-Chris

Chris,

I wish it were just something that you were missing in the software but, alas no, it lacks the differentiation between additions make during the boil or immediately following the boil and those made later in the process.  What I do is to print out the brew day sheet, then zero out the fermenter additions of sugars and write the adjusted post boil numbers on the batch sheet in the appropriate place.  I can then add the sugar back in and brew away.

Back