Author Topic: Measured Session Data Lost - Mobile/Cloud folder  (Read 1567 times)

Offline andersenmp

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Measured Session Data Lost - Mobile/Cloud folder
« on: January 14, 2018, 12:46:55 PM »
Hi,

I have the desktop and mobile full version of Beersmith (Ipad). I use the mobile version to collect the session data while brewing. I share between my desktop and ipad the recipes I'm brewing via the cloud folder.

Yesterday I brewed a Saison and took the measures on the ipad. I opened and closed the app many times to be sure the data I entered was there. I couldn't get confidence in this ios app yet, and I regret deeply to have purchased it.

Today when I opened the desktop version and refreshed the cloud folder, for my surprise, all the session data was overwritten by the default ones. I then opened the app on the ipad, and everything was lost as well.
I cannot understand how sync data is so difficult... Is there anyway to get backups from the ios app?

Thanks

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: Measured Session Data Lost - Mobile/Cloud folder
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 09:43:50 PM »
In most cases this is caused by having the app and desktop with the same recipe open at the same time. In this case one can overwrite the other.

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline skarb

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 03:01:54 PM »
I also use two desktops and an iOS device to manage and enter session data to cloud recipes.
Would be nice if this was working like many other cloud documents, where you could have multiple instances open and synchronization happens across all.

Offline skarb

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 09:52:42 AM »
I made a test yesterday, closing all my desktop sessions (x2) and opening a cloud recipe on an iPad.
I edited the Session data via iPad BeerSmith app, saved and closed.  The iPad was and still is connected to the internet.
Today I opened BeerSmith 3 desktop>cloud recipes>recipe edited from iPad and none of the session data is present.
Am I doing something unconventional?