• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Activate

Sremed60

Apprentice
Reaction score
My computer crashed so I bought a new one. I'm not very tech savvy so I'm corresponding with a tech support forum trying to recover the files from my old hard drive. It's a long drawn out process because it is a free forum so I have to be patient and wait for someone to respond, then I have to try and weed thru which responses actually know what they're talking about and which ones are just trying to sound like they do.

So in the meantime I downloaded the BeerSmith II program to this computer. I have a registered email - but I've been surfing around for almost an hour trying to figure out how to get the activation code sent to me again so I can use the software. I purchased it in August 2016 I believe. 

This is a great tool for transferring data from your old hard drive to your new one. This assumes that the old one is still operational. As for activation, email support@beersmith.com. I'm sure Brad will respond in a timely manner.

Oops, here's the link:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B001A5SK56/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In addition to Bob357's suggestion, you can open BeerSmith, then go to Help > Recover Key. Your key is assigned to the email address you used to register.

Once you've entered your key, close BeerSmith, then you can copy ...Documents/BeerSmith2 folder from your old drive and replace the same folder on the new computer. When you reopen BeerSmith you should see all of your old recipes and custom profiles.

brewfun said:
In addition to Bob357's suggestion, you can open BeerSmith, then go to Help > Recover Key. Your key is assigned to the email address you used to register.

Once you've entered your key, close BeerSmith, then you can copy ...Documents/BeerSmith2 folder from your old drive and replace the same folder on the new computer. When you reopen BeerSmith you should see all of your old recipes and custom profiles.

Thanks brewfun, didn't remember how to do that. Been a few years since I drowned my old laptop by spilling a pint of beer on it:)

Back