• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Whirlpool hops sorting incorrectly

Javaslinger

Brewer
Reaction score
I have a slew of hops going in during whirlpool at different times.  Beersmith is sorting them largest to smallest rather than by time.  In other words it has the 20 minute 1oz additions before the 0.5oz 40 minute additions.  Given that the boil additions count down, I would expect that the whirlpool times should also.
Thanks

Use the Brew Steps display once you're done formulating the recipe. It will show everything in the proper order. You should also be able to get them in order by clicking on the heading between "Type" and "%/IBU" on the design pane if you're using the desktop version. If they show up in reverse order just click on the heading again.

No, that's not working.  Everything else, except for the whirlpool hops is in the correct order.  I don't see a way to force them into the correct order.  If I click the # tab they do reverse order, but so does everything else.

try clicking the # tab again. That should reverse the current order.

As of the present version of BeerSmith, the whirlpool hops do not sort by 'whirlpool/steeping' time.  It does affect some of my recipes and at present there is no work around for it.  I do believe that Brad is aware of the issue and hopefully will put our a fix in the near future.

Back