• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Refractometer Calibration Bug changes input to "-1.#J"

Fuhry

Apprentice
Reaction score
I've searched around and cannot seem to find any resolution or mention of this issue.  I'm in the Calibrate Refractometer section and regardless of what value I enter for "Distilled Water Reading", as soon as I hit Okay, it changes the value.  In the Tools \ Refractometer section, it states the Corrected Gravity as "-.#IO".  When I go into the Calibrate Refractometer and enter 1.00, 1.000, 1.001 or any other number and hit Okay, the field changes to show "-1.#J".

BeerSmith 2
Version 2.3.7
Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.16299

Thanks for any direction on what might be the issue!

-Chad

Greetings Fuhry - what version of BS2 are you running?  Also, what is the operating system BS2 is running on?

BeerSmith 2
Version 2.3.7
Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.16299

Thanks!

I would recommend doing an update to the most recent version (2.3.12) which is free.  I have not run into the issue you are describing, but if it is something in the software that has become corrupted, the new version should help fix it.

Thanks for the help.  Unfortunately updating to version 2.3.12 did not resolve the issue and I'm still seeing very strange characters auto-populating into the refractometer calibration input field.  I guess my next option is the old uninstall / reinstall that I wasn't looking forward to.  Any other thoughts or ideas?  Thanks!

Back