• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Going forward with Brewhouse eff info

fenomeno

Apprentice
Reaction score
Ok, I had my Brewhouse efficiency set at 75% due to seeing that being listed +/-'ish on previous brews.  Ok, on my brew this week, I entered as much info as I could into the Sessions Tab.  This time it showed measured efficiency at 72.6%. 

Question, with this new info, should I change my equip set up to reflect this?  Do I keep dialing in things and then carrying that figure (within reason) to the next brew?  Repeat and get an average for each styleof beer I brew???  I am just trying to make the most of using BS2...

Thanks

Your thoughts on the approach are good.  From 75% planned to 72.6% actual is not that great of a change.  You can change it in your equipment profile now (remember that if you update your equipment profile, you will need to update your recipes to have it take effect.) and then monitor it going forward.

Your other option is to update your equipment profile after 3 to 4 brews and you establish some consistency.  Generally, I find that my efficiency is pretty steady up to a gravity of around 1.060 and it drops pretty linearly after that.  It pretty much also does not follow style as much as gravity, though there can be exceptions.

Thanks for the reminder to Update the My Equip when using the same recipe to reflect the new efficiency!

Back