• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Recover BeerSmith files from re-install of windows

tstorm

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi, my computer recently crashed from a Windows update and I got the blue screen of death.  I had to re-install windows, but was able to preserve my files.  I re-installed BeerSmith, but how do i get my recipes, equipment profiles, inventory, and settings back.  The import wizard looks for BeerSmith 1.4 files to update (mine are in the current version so this doesn't work). Also, changing the directory overwrites my files, so that doesn't work either.  So, how can I get back to where I was and use my files before my computer crashed?

Your recipes and custom profiles are in the ../Documents/BeerSmith2 folder.

Once the new install of BeerSmith 2 is complete and you've entered your key, simply copy and paste the contents of ../Documents/BeerSmith2 from the backup over the same folder of the new install. This will replace the default (empty) contents with your information.

Back