• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hose/Tubing Questions: I am looking for Silicone Hose with an inner dia of 1/2"

Beer Port

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hose/Tubing Questions: I am looking for Silicone Hose with an inner diameter of 1/2". How important is the outer diameter of that hose? I am pricing thickwall hose, which tends to run 2 to 3x's  or more higher for the price. How worth it is the thickwall hose vs. the thinwall hose? Where is the best place to buy Silicone 1/2" ID Thickwall? I need 4 to 5 feet, I was thinking of buying 8-10 feet and cutting it into two pieces.

System and usage info:
This is for a gravity fed system, no recirculation, no pumps, etc. The hose is attaching to 1/2" ball valve with 1/2" barb for transfers to fermenter, and then used for transfers from bottling bucket to filler.

Thanks
BP

If you don't have any high pressures in your system, then you don't need thick walls. For a gravity-fed system you should be fine with thin walls.

--GF

I bought 10' of 1/2" OD thick wall today. I plan on buying a pump for recirculation in near future.

Thanks for advice.

BP

Back