• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hi from Burlington, Ontario

jovan0001

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello, fellow brewers...

Keep up the good fight and keep the good beer flowing.  I am an all-grain guy whose method is BIAB.  Want to keep your mash at temperature?  Set your oven to the mashing temp (150 and up) and put the pot in the oven for an hour.  Guaranteed steady temperature!

Unfortunately our natural gas stove's lowest bake setting is 170. I mini mash 5 liters on the stove top in a s/s stock pot and try to hold 154 using an old towel a insulation. Simple but effective.

I use my gas oven, and yes, the lowest temperature it will control to is 170?F.  I preheat the oven long enough to allow the oven to reach a steady temperature.  When ready, I put the mash pot into the oven and depending upon temperature allow the oven to stay on from 5 minutes up to 10 minutes before turning the oven off.  After 60 minutes, it is within a degree of where the mash was when I put it into the oven.  Essentially, I am just using the oven as a large pre-heated insulation chamber.

Hi Jovan

Do you know if there are any homebrew suppliers around Hamilton. I live in Thorold and there doesn't seem to be any around here so I was wondering if you knew of any around Hamilton or Burlington.

Thanks... Greg

Back