• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

RO Water

GarretD

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to add RO water, I dont see it in the drop down menus

You can't see it because it is transparent.  ;D

More seriously, it is listed as Distilled Water: pH of 7 and no minerals.

--GF

Unless you have an analysis on any residual minerals and salts which may be left in the water, then I would do as GigaFemto recommends and use distilled water as your base.  If you are adding any appreciable amount of salts to treat your water, the small variation of any residuals in your RO water should be minimal.

Oginme said:
Unless you have an analysis on any residual minerals and salts which may be left in the water, then I would do as GigaFemto recommends and use distilled water as your base.  If you are adding any appreciable amount of salts to treat your water, the small variation of any residuals in your RO water should be minimal.

Ive tested 4 batches of RO water from my local store and my Solids meter says 0 on 3 of them and 2 on one. So I can tell you 99% of RO water is virtually mineral free.

Thanks!  I dont know how many times I looked at that and never saw distilled. I need glasses.. or another beer

You can add it as a new water profile.  I added it using Bru'n Water's RO estimate of 1 ppm Calcium, 0 Mg, 8 Sodium, 1 Sulfate, 4 Chloride, 13 bicarbonate.  Think I gave it a estimated pH of 7.5

Back