• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New guy from Southeast MO

RDChance

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Started out brewing a little over a year ago I've been doing 5 gallon all-grain batches since day one on an ever changing 3 tier gravity rig. I'd have to go back and look at notes, but I'd say I'm only about 15 batches in conservatively.

I say ever changing, what I mean is: I've up-graded the cooler to a Chapman Thermo Barrel, and swapped the boil kettle to an SS Brewtech with circulation port. The adition of the boil kettle prompted a pump install to make use of the domed bottom and tangential port. The pump install prompted the counterflow chiller build and the RIMS tube build, and also the ability to go single-tier which Im in the middle of fabbing up now. Also in the works is a mobile BIAB rig with pulley to suspend/drain the bag. I plan to use this for the bigger beers 1.075 and up or the occaisional double brew day.

I honestly have as much fun on the builds and planning as I do brewing. I guess thats a good thing...fab work is expensive to hire it out.

Enough BS about me. I'm here to learn from you all. Thanks for having me!

Welcome RDChance!
The modifications and constant system tweaking is half the fun.
Now if I could just find a way to cut the cleanup time after a brew day..........

Back