• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith deletes all digits after the decimal point

newnoise

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,

I just installed Beersmith2 on my Debian 9 (stretch). Had to do some extra work to get all dependencies up and running, but now everything works fine.
I do have one major issue though. Whenever I enter a decimal number (floating point number) Beersmith removes all digits after the decimal point as soon as the field looses focus. This is for numbers in recipes but also in the options, everywhere.
If there is already a decimal number in it and I don't change it the decimals stay, if I change it they are removed, so 18.5 becomes 18.0. It is always rounded off ...

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Under Tools/Options/Units you can set precision, increments and defaults for various values. 

I know, but even there I cannot enter decimal numbers. If I want to set the increment to 0.3 and go to the next field it gets replaced with 0.0 ...

Just to make sure, the first thing to check is the 'precision'.  This is the number of decimal places BeerSmith will show in the recipes.  If this number is 1 or 0 then the value will default to one decimal place or no decimal places, regardless of what you set for an increment.

Precision is set to 2 everywhere, but Temperature and Color Units. But as I said, I cannot enter decimals anywhere, also not in the options.

Back