• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello From Stoney Creek Ontario

jmpaton4

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi...
I have just registered for this forum. My name is Mark and I have been in the brewing Home Brew since October 28th, 1981. Yup, I'm and oldie and a Forum Newbie. I brewed consistently from 1981 to 2003 and then stopped. Not because I didn't enjoy making beer, just lots of personal stuff with kids and work. Just couldn't find the time. I retired in 2016 after 35 years of work and like lots of retires, I got bored. While doing some spring cleaning, I came across my old brewing equipment and decided to start again. My 1st batch out of hiatus was Jan 07, 2017 and I have brewed 14 batches to date. Ya, I got into it again!

I brew All Grain 100% and have a full kegging system and 2 kegerators. I use a 3 tier brewing system designed for 10 gal batches, but have only brewed 5.5 gal batches so far. I am moving to 10 gal batches now as I can only keep a 5 gal batch in my keg for 2 weeks max. Takes 6 weeks to make and condition the beer and 2 weeks to drink it. Got to make more!

I have a couple of questions and issues that I'm trying to work through as I brew. As I am new to this Forum and forums in general, I'm not sure of the process. I noticed that there are a number of active topics to post in. Is it best to find a topic that addresses my questions and post there?

Looking forward to joining and working with this Forum group.

Mark 

jmpaton4 said:
Hi...
I have just registered for this forum. My name is Mark and I have been in the brewing Home Brew since October 28th, 1981. Yup, I'm and oldie and a Forum Newbie. I brewed consistently from 1981 to 2003 and then stopped. Not because I didn't enjoy making beer, just lots of personal stuff with kids and work. Just couldn't find the time. I retired in 2016 after 35 years of work and like lots of retires, I got bored. While doing some spring cleaning, I came across my old brewing equipment and decided to start again. My 1st batch out of hiatus was Jan 07, 2017 and I have brewed 14 batches to date. Ya, I got into it again!

I brew All Grain 100% and have a full kegging system and 2 kegerators. I use a 3 tier brewing system designed for 10 gal batches, but have only brewed 5.5 gal batches so far. I am moving to 10 gal batches now as I can only keep a 5 gal batch in my keg for 2 weeks max. Takes 6 weeks to make and condition the beer and 2 weeks to drink it. Got to make more!

I have a couple of questions and issues that I'm trying to work through as I brew. As I am new to this Forum and forums in general, I'm not sure of the process. I noticed that there are a number of active topics to post in. Is it best to find a topic that addresses my questions and post there?

Looking forward to joining and working with this Forum group.

Mark

Welcome, yes I would post in the topic that best fits your needs

jmpaton4 said:
My name is Mark and I have been in the brewing Home Brew since October 28th, 1981.

Welcome to the forum! Welcome back to brewing! Your start date beats my 1988! I'm sure you've noticed a remarkable increase in both ingredient and information quality since your hiatus.

Feel free to post in any forum that most closely matches your question.

Thanks for the welcome. Brewfun, ya. I quickly discovered the world of brewing changed considerably. I can now order food and equipment online and it has been like being in a candy store. I upgraded all my equipment and am totally enjoying making real good beer. Not like the old days when I had to make equipment and struggle as to where I could buy food. Amazing this internet thing. ;)

jmpaton4 said:
Thanks for the welcome. Brewfun, ya. I quickly discovered the world of brewing changed considerably. I can now order food and equipment online and it has been like being in a candy store. I upgraded all my equipment and am totally enjoying making real good beer. Not like the old days when I had to make equipment and struggle as to where I could buy food. Amazing this internet thing. ;)
Ha yep. I buy 99% of my ingredients at my local shop, I hate shipping fees. Of course unless it's a rare grain

Back