• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Keg King Robobrew Profile Request

KipDM

Master Brewer
Reaction score
Can someone please post a Robobrew profile?
I have copied and pasted a Grainfather profile but other than change the batch boil volume [off a website] I don't know if any of the other figures are correct.

Specifically, mash tun deadspace, does the specific heat change if using a jacket, and/or how many volumes need to be changed/modified?

I still have a few it beers to make before I order one and go all grain, but I would love to have a profile [that's more accurate than mine] sop I can go ahead and start recipe planning.

Thanks everyone for any input. If/when I get one I'll post my observations.

KipDM said:
Can someone please post a Robobrew profile?
I have copied and pasted a Grainfather profile but other than change the batch boil volume [off a website] I don't know if any of the other figures are correct.

Specifically, mash tun deadspace, does the specific heat change if using a jacket, and/or how many volumes need to be changed/modified?

I still have a few it beers to make before I order one and go all grain, but I would love to have a profile [that's more accurate than mine] sop I can go ahead and start recipe planning.

Thanks everyone for any input. If/when I get one I'll post my observations.

I use a robobrew, the jacket is worthless. The grainfather profile is 100% accurate I hit the estimated OG all the time. Just use it.

If you want I'll post mine so you can check it and then try it. I've made maybe 1 slight mod from grainfather profile

Ck27 said:
I use a robobrew, the jacket is worthless. The grainfather profile is 100% accurate I hit the estimated OG all the time. Just use it.

If you want I'll post mine so you can check it and then try it. I've made maybe 1 slight mod from grainfather profile

I had read elsewhere on the interwebs that Robobrew had slightly higher efficiency. But the jacket really doesn't help it boil faster? or a heavier boil? That's sad, because i was really going to get or make one to help ion getting to temps faster and for them to be more stable.

Thanks, if the GR profile is really that close then i can make mods based on what performance i get.

KipDM said:
Ck27 said:

I had read elsewhere on the interwebs that Robobrew had slightly higher efficiency. But the jacket really doesn't help it boil faster? or a heavier boil? That's sad, because i was really going to get or make one to help ion getting to temps faster and for them to be more stable.

Thanks, if the GR profile is really that close then i can make mods based on what performance i get.

profile told me I should get 1.060 I got 1.062 so that's close enough that I'm not going to complain. Yeah the jacket is pretty useless, the thing is so well insulated that if you just let it naturally cool down after it would take hours like 12+ it holds heat really well. I left it overnight one time to test it and it was still warm in the morning.

I'd like a Robobrew profile, too.  If the Grainfather one works, I'll try that!

I confess I just ordered a Robobrew w/pump, and just installed BS2 minutes ago!  Don't know what I'm doing yet, but I have to start somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

jv

jviss said:
I'd like a Robobrew profile, too.  If the Grainfather one works, I'll try that!

I confess I just ordered a Robobrew w/pump, and just installed BS2 minutes ago!  Don't know what I'm doing yet, but I have to start somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

jv

I have the robobrew with pump and get efficiency I'm the 80's or 90's.

jviss said:
Ck27 said:
I have the robobrew with pump and get efficiency I'm the 80's or 90's.
Wow, that's great.  Looking forward to mine!  Do you have a profile for BS2 that I can use?

Sure do took the grainfather profile added it ran tests and edited it. Got it down to within .2 say I target 1.062 I might get 1.065

Thanks.  As I said, I'm very new to this - just figured out how to add the grainfather profile in BS2.  Would you please share your edits?

jviss said:
Thanks.  As I said, I'm very new to this - just figured out how to add the grainfather profile in BS2.  Would you please share your edits?

ill export it if I can.

Ck27 said:
jviss said:

ill export it if I can.

Profiles > Equipment > [select profile]

From the ribbon > Export Sel

Save

brewfun said:
Ck27 said:
jviss said:

ill export it if I can.

Profiles > Equipment > [select profile]

From the ribbon > Export Sel

Save

Thanks, I didn't know you could export equipment but recipies are piece of cake

This may help...

https://youtu.be/HwEbjOt8OR8

PS. you should really take actual measurements from your equipment. You can import someone else's profile but then you'll be relying on their specific data and measurements. To get the most accurate results with your beer, customize the equipment profile to your exact system.

Kevin58 said:
This may help...

https://youtu.be/HwEbjOt8OR8

PS. you should really take actual measurements from your equipment. You can import someone else's profile but then you'll be relying on their specific data and measurements. To get the most accurate results with your beer, customize the equipment profile to your exact system.

except he wont be since my data would apply the same to every robobrew, I don't have my own way of brewing.

profile down below

Attachments

• Robobrew Profile.bsmx
    1.4 KB · Views: 50
Thanks for uploading the Robobrew profile.  I just bought BS2, so digging in, in earnest.  It's a bit frustrating.

I can't figure out how to import the profile.  I've tried everything, tried help, no luck.

I'm using BS2 on a Mac.

Thanks,

jv

jviss said:
Thanks for uploading the Robobrew profile.  I just bought BS2, so digging in, in earnest.  It's a bit frustrating.

I can't figure out how to import the profile.  I've tried everything, tried help, no luck.

I'm using BS2 on a Mac.

Thanks,

jv

On windows I just click it and hit add lol I used to own a Mac so if I had it I would help you. Can't you just click on it and beersmith adds it???

Maybe oginme can help you

Back