Author Topic: Keg King Robobrew Profile Request  (Read 324 times)

Offline KipDM

• BeerSmith Master Brewer
  • Brewing: makes friends and settles nerves!
Keg King Robobrew Profile Request
« on: October 19, 2017, 05:12:39 PM »
Can someone please post a Robobrew profile?
I have copied and pasted a Grainfather profile but other than change the batch boil volume [off a website] I don't know if any of the other figures are correct.

Specifically, mash tun deadspace, does the specific heat change if using a jacket, and/or how many volumes need to be changed/modified?

I still have a few it beers to make before I order one and go all grain, but I would love to have a profile [that's more accurate than mine] sop I can go ahead and start recipe planning.

Thanks everyone for any input. If/when I get one I'll post my observations.
KipDM
On Tap: Autumn Amber, Columbus Warrior DIPA
Primary: none :(
Secondary: Pumpkin Spice Ale

Offline Ck27

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith's Unofficial Spam Police.... Do Not Spam
Re: Keg King Robobrew Profile Request
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 05:24:55 PM »
Can someone please post a Robobrew profile?
I have copied and pasted a Grainfather profile but other than change the batch boil volume [off a website] I don't know if any of the other figures are correct.

Specifically, mash tun deadspace, does the specific heat change if using a jacket, and/or how many volumes need to be changed/modified?

I still have a few it beers to make before I order one and go all grain, but I would love to have a profile [that's more accurate than mine] sop I can go ahead and start recipe planning.

Thanks everyone for any input. If/when I get one I'll post my observations.

I use a robobrew, the jacket is worthless. The grainfather profile is 100% accurate I hit the estimated OG all the time. Just use it.

If you want I'll post mine so you can check it and then try it. I've made maybe 1 slight mod from grainfather profile
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 05:31:54 PM by Ck27 »

Offline KipDM

• BeerSmith Master Brewer
  • Brewing: makes friends and settles nerves!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 06:58:47 PM »

I use a robobrew, the jacket is worthless. The grainfather profile is 100% accurate I hit the estimated OG all the time. Just use it.

If you want I'll post mine so you can check it and then try it. I've made maybe 1 slight mod from grainfather profile

I had read elsewhere on the interwebs that Robobrew had slightly higher efficiency. But the jacket really doesn't help it boil faster? or a heavier boil? That's sad, because i was really going to get or make one to help ion getting to temps faster and for them to be more stable.

Thanks, if the GR profile is really that close then i can make mods based on what performance i get.
KipDM
On Tap: Autumn Amber, Columbus Warrior DIPA
Primary: none :(
Secondary: Pumpkin Spice Ale

Offline Ck27

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith's Unofficial Spam Police.... Do Not Spam
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 07:58:10 PM »

I had read elsewhere on the interwebs that Robobrew had slightly higher efficiency. But the jacket really doesn't help it boil faster? or a heavier boil? That's sad, because i was really going to get or make one to help ion getting to temps faster and for them to be more stable.

Thanks, if the GR profile is really that close then i can make mods based on what performance i get.

profile told me I should get 1.060 I got 1.062 so that's close enough that I'm not going to complain. Yeah the jacket is pretty useless, the thing is so well insulated that if you just let it naturally cool down after it would take hours like 12+ it holds heat really well. I left it overnight one time to test it and it was still warm in the morning.