• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

hello from South Oz

solidute

Apprentice
Reaction score
hi all,

getting back into brewing after a long absence. previously i brewed a terrible k+k "beer" and that was a big part of why i stopped (there werent as many helpful folks on the net back then to assist in improving my process) and time management was the other reason.

currently doing kits n bits until i am set up for biab (my keg supplier for the keggle had surgery and now i gotta wait till hes back at work until he can get them) so im here to determine what program to use for my brewing. i have the ianH spreadsheet that most people on a few aussie forums would know of dunno of internationally though.

solidute said:
hi all,

getting back into brewing after a long absence. previously i brewed a terrible k+k "beer" and that was a big part of why i stopped (there werent as many helpful folks on the net back then to assist in improving my process) and time management was the other reason.

currently doing kits n bits until i am set up for biab (my keg supplier for the keggle had surgery and now i gotta wait till hes back at work until he can get them) so im here to determine what program to use for my brewing. i have the ianH spreadsheet that most people on a few aussie forums would know of dunno of internationally though.

:) yeah, your first 2-5 batches of beer probably wont be great and that's just part of the learning process. Ive been lucky because I read a bunch of books and did my research before I started so mine was not bad but not great but a lot better than if I jumped in and tried from scratch

BeerSmith is pretty much the standard. It Supports BIAB as well as extract, Partial mash and traditional all grain. Brad Smith , the author, has a bunch of informative articles and videos that walk you through most facets of his brewing software.

Welcome to the forum

Back