Author Topic: New Member and Brewer  (Read 261 times)

Offline BigHeadBrown

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
New Member and Brewer
« on: September 12, 2017, 01:25:32 PM »
Hello all!

I'm new to the site and fairly new to brewing. I've made 2 batches with extract. An Irish Red and a Brown Ale.  Looking forward to moving to all-grain eventually but I want to get my process down to a science first before adding more steps.  Looks like you have a great community here, so I'm looking forward to learning a lot!

Happy Brewing!
BigHeadBrown

Offline Ck27

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith's Unofficial Spam Police.... Do Not Spam
Re: New Member and Brewer
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 02:04:13 PM »
Hello all!

I'm new to the site and fairly new to brewing. I've made 2 batches with extract. An Irish Red and a Brown Ale.  Looking forward to moving to all-grain eventually but I want to get my process down to a science first before adding more steps.  Looks like you have a great community here, so I'm looking forward to learning a lot!

Happy Brewing!
BigHeadBrown

All grain is easy and great, I would get a robobrew to simplify getting started. It's easy and fantastic. I do all grain and I do extract still both are just as good if you know what you are doing then you can make a extract beer that is just as good if not better than a all grain batch. I've got a Pilsner and a recipe I came up with going right now. Both were brewed in my robobrew and both are just great looking and should end up being great brews. I take my time and do a 3-4 step mash even though people say it's not worth it and let me tell you I consistently get better beers than anyone else in my area that brews. I've actually been told by a couple people they like my beers more than the commercial product of I do a clone because my beers are smoother clearer and have more flavor what can I say. I don't think so but it is high praise.

modification